With the holiday season upon us, overnight parking will not be enforced on the following dates:
- November 24 beginning at 2 a.m. through November 25 at 6 a.m.
- December 24 beginning at 2 a.m. through December 26 at 6 a.m.
- December 30 beginning at 2 a.m. through January 1, 2023 at 6 a.m.
Overnight parking permits will still be required for all other days. Temporary overnight parking permits may be purchased from permit vending machines located at the following locations:
- San Gabriel Police Department, 625 S. Del Mar Avenue
- San Gabriel Parks and Recreation Department, 250 S. Mission Drive
These vending machines are available to the public 24-hours a day. The cost of the permit is $4 for each night of parking. Temporary overnight parking permits may also be purchased on-line here.
For more information, please contact the San Gabriel Police Department at (626) 308-2828.
Recycle Your Tree after the Holidays
Holiday trees are 100% recyclable. Athens Services collects holiday trees each year. They will be collecting trees in San Gabriel from Monday, January 2 to Friday, January 13, 2023. Trees are delivered to various landfills to be used as mulch, or to Athens’ American Organics compost facility in Victorville.
Tips to ensure your tree is properly collected:
• Remove stands, ornaments, lights and tinsel.
• Place holiday trees next to your regular trash containers.
• Trees over 6 feet in length must be cut in half.
• Trees with flocking or fire retardants ARE NOT acceptable.
• If you miss the date for recycling, please cut up your tree and place it in your yard waste container(s).
Please help keep our parks clean and safe during the holidays. If you see any illegal dumping activity, please report it as a bulky item pick-up to Athens Services at AthensServices.com. If you spot any active dumping activity, please contact the San Gabriel Police Department’s non-emergency line at (626) 308-2828.
Holiday Trash Collection Schedule
Athens Services will not be providing any residential or commercial trash/recycling pick-up services on Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day; instead, households scheduled for those trash bin pick-up days will get their bins collected the next day.
- Thursday, November 24, 2022 (Thanksgiving Day): Trash collection service will happen on Friday, November 25
- Monday, December 26, 2022 (Christmas Day Observed): Trash collection service will happen on Tuesday, December 27
To ensure your trash is collected, please make sure your bins are out the night before trash day, no later than 6:00 a.m. on the day of service.
Please visit AthensServices.com or contact Athens Services at (888)336-6100 for more information on holiday trash collection schedules.