The Community Services Department offers a diverse range of programming and services for older adults, such as the Healthy Hearts Walking Club and Social Bingo. Come to learn about the different programs and activities being offered at the Senior Programs re-launch event on Friday, September 23 from 9 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at the Grapevine Arbor.
This event is free and open to residents and community members. Attendees can enjoy access to health resources along with light refreshments, hors d’oeuvres, bingo, and an opportunity to mingle, plus a free special art exhibit by the San Gabriel Art Club.
The event timeline goes as follows:
- 9:00am - 9:30am Welcome and Refreshments
- 9:30am - 10:15am Bingo and Games
- 10:15am - 11:00am Resource Panel - Active Living
- 11:00am - 11:30am Hors d'oeuvres & Mingle
- 11:30am - 12:15pm Resource Panel - Essential Services
Seeking Volunteers for Technology Tutoring Program
Looking for a volunteer opportunity? We are currently seeking volunteers ages 14 and up to assist with our latest Technology Tutoring program that will be starting in October.
All volunteers are required to attend an orientation on Wednesday, September 28 at 4:30 p.m. Seniors and teen volunteers will be paired up during this session. The Technology Tutoring program is designed to advance seniors' skills and knowledge on laptops, smartphones, and other technological devices.
Each volunteer will have a one-on-one, 45-minute session every Wednesday.
Requirements for volunteers are as follows:
- Must be 14 years of age or older
- Must have a 3-month commitment to the program
- Must fulfill one-time slot each week
- Must have basic knowledge of smartphones and laptops
For questions or inquiries about becoming a volunteer, please contact the Community Services Department at 626-308-2875.