In celebration of Cinco de Mayo, the City of San Gabriel will host the annual Cinco de Mayo Mercado from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, May 6, 2022.
With colorful Papel Picado adorning the Mission Playhouse plaza, residents and families can enjoy the free outdoor event featuring:
- A tribute to Selena by Grammy Award-winning artist Adelaide Pilar
- Live performance by Ballet Folklorico Sol de Fuego
- A margarita and beer garden by PEZ Cantina, serving a selection of classic and hibiscus margaritas and beers for purchase
- 8-12 artesian vendors and handmade crafters showcasing original cultural art pieces and signed prints
- Food trucks including Kogi, Oaxaca on Wheels (@oaxacaonwheels on IG), BittieBitez Mini Donuts (@bittiebitez on IG), Sal Sizzle (@salsizzle.altacaliforniagrill on IG), Los Dorados L.A. (@losdoradosla on IG) and more
- Mini piñata and noise-maker craft activities
- Walking distance to Blossom Market Hall, the newest food hall in San Gabriel
Please note, Mission Drive between Mission Road and Broadway, and Carmelita Drive at Mission Drive shall be closed from 2:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. to accommodate the event.