In an effort to enhance Smith Park and Smith Park Pool, the City of San Gabriel is applying for funds from Proposition 68 that would be used to fund improvements. In order to apply for the grant, the City needs to solicit input from the community about potential enhancements that would be made to Smith Park and Smith Park Pool. If you’d like to get involved, here’s a list of meeting dates:
- Monday, June 17 from 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Smith Park
- Wednesday, June 19 from 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. at Smith Park
- Thursday, June 20 from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Marshall Park
- Saturday, June 22 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. at the San Gabriel Library
- Monday, June 24 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at Smith Park
- Saturday, June 29 from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. at the Asian Youth Center
Translation services in Spanish, Chinese and Vietnamese will be provided, alongside free food, child care services and raffles. A meeting on Wednesday, July 17 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at Smith Park will be held to present a conceptual design for potential enhancements to Smith Park and Smith Park Pool.
For more information about this grant, please contact Community Services Manager Lucy Hakobian at email@example.com or via telephone at 626.308.2875.