Helping to Reduce Greenhouse Gas Emissions
San Gabriel's City Council approved the City's first Energy Action Plan (EAP) at its November 20, 2012 meeting. The EAP was developed in partnership with the San Gabriel Valley Council of Governments and Southern California Edison. The Plan will accomplish several important things for San Gabriel.
The EAP will:
- Make it easier for residents and businesses to finance energy efficient improvements and save money on energy bills.
- Provide a roadmap for reducing the City’s energy bills.
- Reduce the City and community’s impact on the environment.
- Provide the City with critical baseline data that the State requires for cities to address greenhouse gas emissions.
- Enable the City to get additional grants.
- Serve as a foundation for future planning efforts such as general plan updates, climate action plans, Housing Element updates and zoning code updates, among others .
Select from the following links to view the EAP and staff report.
Energy Action Plan
Council Resolution 12-20