Below are recruitments in the Human Resources Department. If you are interested in a job opportunity, please click on the links below for further information.
Promotional Recruitment (Only Internal Full-Time Employees May Apply):
- Firefighter/Paramedic - Entry Level
- Police Officer - Lateral
- Recreation Leader - Summer Program
Applicants with legal disabilities, who require special testing accommodations, must contact the City of San Gabriel Human Resources Department at least five (5) days prior to the examination date.
Notices to Potential Applicants:
Executive Summary of Paid Sick Leave/Healthy Workplace Healthy Families Act of 2014/AB1522
Effective July 2015,
- Individuals who work in California for more than 30 days within a year from
commencementof employment. (Workers covered by a collective bargaining agreement that provides certain wage, hour, and working conditions that expressly waive the provisions of the law in clear terms may be exempt)
- Employees can take sick leave to care for themselves, children, parents, grandchildren, grandparents, spouses, registered domestic partners, and siblings.
- Child includes biological, adopted, foster, step, legal wards, or the child of a worker standing in loco parentis.
- Sick leave can be taken if the employee is a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking.
- Accrual rate is one hour for every 30 hours worked. Accrual begins at the commencement of employment or July 2015, whichever is later.
Employeecan earn up to 24 hours or 3 days per year.
- Accrued sick leave cannot be used until the 90th day of employment.
- No private right to sue is allowed.
- The California Labor Commissioner of Attorney General may bring a civil action in Court against an employer or person in violation.