The City of San Gabriel is committed to conducting its affairs ethically and in accordance with the law. We take pride in our employees and the high quality services we provide to the community. If you see an example of employee misconduct, please call 626.308.2807.
Report Fraud, Waste, and Abuse
The City of San Gabriel is committed to conducting its affairs ethically and in accordance with the law. The City takes pride in its employees and the high quality of services we provide to the community. The City offers a Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Hotline where employees and members of the community can report suspicions of fraud, waste and abuse. To view the City's Fraud, Waste, and Abuse Administrative Policy please click here.
Suspected fraud, waste, and abuse by City employees, officials, contractors or vendors may be reported in different ways.
- By calling the Fraud Hotline at (626) 308-2807
- Email Fraud Hotline: SGReportFraud@sgch.org
Complainants may disclose their identity or remain anonymous
The Fraud Hotline is not a substitute for employment-related grievances or complaints by City employees, as existing City policy and procedures provide channels for resolution of these issues.
Examples of What You Can Report
- Theft of City resources (e.g., cash, equipment, supplies or materials)
- Kickbacks or bribes
- Record falsification
- Payroll fraud or time abuse
- Intentional misuse of City equipment or property
- Contractor fraud
- Gross mismanagement of resources, including careless expenditures
- Gross disregard of policy and procedural controls
It is the City's intent to investigate every report objectively. In order to process your complaint, please provide the following information either in your voice message or email.
- Date, Time and Place of Incident
- Names of individuals involved
- Description of Complaint:
- What happened and why you think it is/was wrong
- Who else may be aware of the incident
- Any documentation or other evidence you have or know of
Those who bring matters to the Fraud Hotline may be protected through the State of California Whistleblower Protection Act or other state or federal laws. The City will not retaliate, nor will it tolerate retaliation against those who, in good faith, report suspected fraud, waste and abuse or who participate in an investigation of suspected violations involving the City of San Gabriel.
Reporting Other Types of Misconduct
- Elder Abuse (800) 992-1660
- California Bar Association (213) 765-1000
- California Medical Board (800) 633-2322
- Child Abuse Hotline (800) 540-4000
- Child Support Hotline (323) 890-9800
- Consumer Affairs (213) 974-1452
- Contractor State License Board
- Federal Trade Commission (877) IDTHEFT or (877) 438-4338
- Internet Crime Complaint Center
- Internal Revenue Service (800) 829-0433
- L.A. County Fraud Hotline (800) 544-6861
- Mail theft/fraud/tampering (626) 405-1200
- Medi-Cal Fraud (800) 822-6222
- Medi-care Fraud (800) 223-2164
- Social Security Fraud (800) 269-0271
- Welfare Fraud (800) 349-9970