|To schedule a bulky item pickup||Athens Services
|To report items illegally dumped||Neighborhood Improvement Services
|To report ACTIVE illegal dumping||San Gabriel Police Department
|E-waste and hazardous waste||Countywide Hazardous Waste
Bulky Item Pickup
Call 888.336.6100 or visit www.AthensServices.com
Old couches, TVs, mattresses and other bulky items left on the curb make our city look dirty. And discarding your bulky items in the right of way is also illegal - it can result in a fine up to $1,000. Dumping items and trash illegally is a misdemeanor and violators will be prosecuted.
If you receive a red tag on an item or your front door, please contact Athens Services to schedule a bulky item pick-up and remove the item until day of scheduled pick-up. Property owners are responsible for the conditions in front of their property.
Athens Services will pick up two bulky items per week for free, per request by phone or online.
Let's work together to reduce illegal dumping by informing your neighbors of the process and contacting Athens as soon as you see an item in front of your property.
Tips to Reduce Illegal Dumping
For property owners who want to reduce illegal dumping in front of or near their property, we have listed some tips below to help. Just like some other crimes, it can be difficult to completely stop it from happening, but we can work together to reduce it to the fullest extent.
- Inform neighbors, tenants and guests to schedule a bulky item pickup with Athens Services before placing furniture, mattresses, and other items out near the curb.
- Install real or fake security cameras to help catch who is doing the dumping.
- Install "No Dumping" signs around your property. These are commonly found at hardware stores and there are many affordable options on Amazon.
- Keep the exterior of the property well lit to help reduce illegal dumping and other crimes.
- Print out educational flyers to handout to tenants, neighbors, and guests.
- Report items as soon as you see them. If it is in front of your property, call Athens Service to schedule a pickup. If you see it somewhere else, please contact NIS at (626) 308-2826.
If you see someone ACTIVELY dumping anywhere in the City of San Gabriel, please call the non-emergency number at the San Gabriel Police Department (626) 308-2828 to report the violation. This can help us stop repeat violators.