Code Enforcement staff are committed to working with the community and educating residents, businesses, and visitors of related codes and standards. We work with owners to achieve voluntary compliance whenever possible with the City's property maintenance standards and address other issues.
To report any property maintenance or other code compliance concerns, please use the City's online Request Tracker or refer to the chart below:
Who do I Call?
|Animal control issue:|
stray animal, deceased animal,
barking dog, unlicensed dog
|San Gabriel Humane Society|
|Code violations, General||Code Enforcement Division|
|Construction without permits||Community Development|
|Parking Enforcement||San Gabriel Police Department|
|Noise complaint||San Gabriel Police Department|
|Potholes, street repair, sidewalk repair, street lights||Public Works|
|Tree trimming permits||Community Dev. Director|
Aldo Cervantes (626) 308-2806
You can also fill out the form here and submit it to email@example.com.
|Homeless related matters (private property, trespassing)||San Gabriel Community Engagement Team (626) 451-5452|
All businesses in the city of San Gabriel require a license (insert brochure for commercial guidelines)
- Banners require a permit and can only have one per business. A frame (sidewalk signs) are prohibited on public sidewalks and areas.
- Only a maximum of 25% of window surface can have signs. Any new permanent signs need a permit and approval from planning department.
- The following are prohibited: wind signs, temporary/cloth, off-premises signs, vehicle mounted, animated, and gas filled/neon signs.
- Remove all signs for businesses that are no longer operating; remove all evidence of old signs including filling holes and painting walls
- Please keep all buildings properly maintained; repair any peeling paint or plaster, damaged signs, broken windows and parking areas clear of any and all trash.
Abandoned Shopping Carts
Please help us keep San Gabriel beautiful by reporting shopping carts that are being taken from shopping centers and left on nearby streets and sidewalks. To report a stray cart, call West Coast Shopping Cart Service at (888) 787-2278 or report online. They will send a crew to remove the cart from the street.
In 2003, the City recognized the need for a proactive graffiti abatement program. To address the graffiti problem, the city contracted with a professional graffiti contractor to abate graffiti on private property. The contractor has color matching capabilities and a guaranteed 24-48 hour response time. An effort is made to remove vulgar and profane graffiti from private property within two hours of it being reported.
Graffiti in the public right-of-way is removed by the City’s Public Works Division. Public property consists of City of San Gabriel street lights, traffic signs, street signs, directional signs, park facilities and equipment, city buildings, and sidewalks. Graffiti is a crime that can lead to a misdemeanor conviction or a felony conviction.
To report graffiti on private property, call the City’s Graffiti Hotline at (800) 794-7384.
To report graffiti on public property such as utility poles and streets signs, contact Public Works at (626) 308-2825.