The San Gabriel Fire Prevention Bureau’s mission statement is to provide the community of San Gabriel with a fire-safe environment through:
- Inspection and fire code enforcement in existing structures, including annual inspection of high-rise buildings, hospitals, and assemblies as mandated by state regulations.
- Operation of a fire permits system to allow regulation of permitted activities and processes under the Fire Code.
- Annual inspections of schools and plan check for new construction at schools for access and water supplies.
- Life safety inspections for State licensed care and daycare facilities.
- Participation in the Community Action Team activities to remove blight from our neighborhoods.
- Fire inspections to ensure fire protection, building code, and safety standards enforcement in new construction and tenant improvement.
- Efforts to encourage fire safe construction activities by inspection and plan check of access to sites for emergency equipment, and to ensure the availability of water supplies.
- Plan check and plan review service for all fire system plans.
- Inspection and testing of all fire sprinkler systems and fire alarm systems for commercial and residential buildings.
- Knox Box program which controls emergency access to gates, buildings, and other secured areas for fire emergencies and medical emergencies.
- Life safety and fire safety review, inspection and standby service for special events, including plan check, site approval for pyrotechnical demonstrations, movie lot locations, concerts, sports, and festival events.
- Fire- and life-safety education for the residents of San Gabriel.