Programs & Incentives

Village Sign

Business & Development Incentives
The city may offer partial fee waivers, incentives, or adjustments for qualified projects that will bring significant tax revenue, build affordable housing, or create more than 100 jobs. Please contact Economic Development Manager at (626) 308-2800, ext. 5128 or via email at for more information.  

Applicant Review Sessions

Applicant Review Sessions (ARS) are monthly meetings designed to give applicants a chance to meet with lead staff about their projects. Discussion will provide clarification on City requirements, raise "red flag" issues, and streamline City approval processes. This opportunity is available for commercial and multi-family projects.

How to Get the Most Out of the Applicant Review Session

San Gabriel Fairview Village Façade Improvement Program

To encourage revitalization of San Gariel Fairview Village, the City is offering cash rebates for a portion of the total cost of approve façade improvements and sign replacement. Cash rebates will be made in the amount of 75% of total cost up to a maximum of $10,000 with the owner or applicant paying the remaining 25% on the improvements made to the exterior of any building.

Small Business Assistance

The Long Beach Small Business Development Center (SBDC) satellite office in Pasadena City College is available to help companies and entrepreneurs start, maintain and grow their business. Free services include business and marketing plan creation, small business loans, employee training and technical assistance.

Foreign Trade Zones

The federal government and the Port of Long Beach have designated two foreign trade zones in San Gabriel to benefit businesses through tax incentives. In these zones, goods can be stored and manipulated without going through customs and importers can defer payment of duties until the goods leave the warehouse. Businesses engaged in foreign trade can save money on processing fees, domestic liquor taxes, interests on goods, and consolidation costs.

For more information on business programs and incentives, please contact the Economic Development Division.