The San Gabriel Recreation Office Offers Passport Services
The San Gabriel Community Services Department is a designated Passport Acceptance Agency, authorized by the U.S. Department of State to accept Passport applications. We provide walk-in passport services Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays as well as services on the first Saturday of the month, by appointment only. Our Passport Services include processing of new applications, direction for renewal applications, forms, and photos. Our office is located at 250 South Mission Drive (on the corner of Mission Drive and Broadway).
Passport Service Hours
NEW! Beginning January 14th : Mondays & Fridays 9:00 am - 11:00 am and 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm (by appointment only).
- Tuesday 8:00 am - 5:30 pm (walk-in only)
- Wednesday & Thursday: 8:00 am - 4:00 pm (walk-in only)
- 1st Saturday of the month, (by appointment only)
*Saturday appointments subject to cancellation based on number of appointments made.
NOTICE - Passport services will not be available on these upcoming dates:
- Monday, January 21st (Martin Luther King Jr. Day)
- Monday, February 18th (President's Day)
- Passports must be renewed every 10 years for adults and every 5 years for children younger than 16
- Routine wait time is 4 - 6 weeks or less
- Expedited wait time is 2 - 3 weeks or less (Expedited passports require additional fee paid to Dept. of State)
Passport Regulations Have Changed
Depending on how you travel, you may require a passport book or only a passport card. A passport book is required when traveling internationally by air and is acceptable when traveling by land or sea. A passport card is acceptable when traveling by land or sea only, to Mexico, Canada or the Caribbean, and is not valid for international travel.
New Passport Application Requirements
- Complete Application (DS-11) - You can complete it online through the Sate Department's web site, or print and complete by hand in black ink only. New applicants, renewals, name changes or corrections, and lost or stolen passports each require a different application.
- Signature must be done in the presence of accepting agent.
- Find the right form on the State Department Website
- Valid, government issued identification
- Check or money order
- Proof of citizenship:
Previously issued, undamaged U.S. Passport
Certified birth certificate issued by the city, county, or state
Consular Report of Birth Abroad or Birth Certificate
Certificate of Citizenship
Only Checks or Money Orders payable to "Department of State" are accepted for passport fees.
- Check or Money Order made payable to the City of San Gabriel
|Passport Book Fees|
|Children 15 & younger||$80|
|Passport Card Fees|
|Children 15 & younger||$15|
|Expedite & Express Mail Fees (As of 1/18)
|*Processing Fee (As of 4/18)
|*Passport Photo Fee
*The $35 mandatory Processing Fee is paid directly to the City of San Gabriel. Passport Photo fee is also paid directly to the City of San Gabriel. Acceptable forms of payment for the Processing & Photo Fees are:
- Do you have a travel emergency? Travelers departing within two weeks must call for an appointment to be served at the Los Angeles passport Agency (only those with an appointment will be admitted to the agency). The automated appointment system can be accessed 24/7 from a touch-tone phone by calling (877) 487-2778 or by visiting http://www.travel.state.gov/. Those traveling in more than two weeks must apply for their passport through their local passport acceptance facility.
If you meet certain criteria you can renew your passport on your own, by mail. If you do not meet the criteria, you can renew your passport in person at any passport acceptance agency. Learn more about renewing your passport