PLANNING NEWS: NOTICE OF AVAILABILITY OF MITIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION FOR 220 SOUTH SAN GABRIEL MIXED-USE PROJECT
An Initial Study/Mitigated Negative Declaration (IS/MND) has been prepared for a proposed mixed-use project at 220 South San Gabriel Boulevard. The 220 South San Gabriel Project (project) would construct a mixed-use development with approximately 149 condominium units and 28,665 square feet of commercial space over two construction phases on a 4.09-acre site generally located at 220 South San Gabriel Boulevard. A third phase (“Optional Phase 3”) may be incorporated into the project to include an additional parcel along the northerly edge of the project site. This parcel would incorporate 14 additional condominium units and associate parking into the project. The proposed project requires approval of a Planned Development/Development Agreement and Tentative Tract Map by with the City Council and a Precise Plan of Design and Master Sign Program by the Design Review Commission. An IS/MND has determined that although the proposed project would have a significant effect on the environment, there will not be a significant effect because revisions/mitigation measures have been made by or agreed to by the project applicant. Information related to the IS/MND can be found below:
Notice of Intent to Adopt A Mitigated Negative Declaration
Appendix F (pt. 1)
Appendix F (pt. 2)
Appendix F (pt. 3)
The public review period for the IS/MND will begin on August 1, 2018 and end of August 30, 2018 at 5:00 p.m. The Planning Commission will consider adopting the IS/MND as part of their consideration of the proposed project at a public hearing on a date TBD.
HOW TO PROVIDE COMMENTS:
- Calling the project planner: Tracy Steinkruger, Planning Manager at (626) 308-2806 ext. 4623
- View the IS/MND online (provided above). You can email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- View the IS/MND in person at the Planning Division public counter. Please submit all written comments to the Planning Division, located at City Hall, 425 S. Mission Drive, San Gabriel CA 91776 or by mail at P.S. Box 130, San Gabriel, CA 91778.
WELCOME TO THE PLANNING DIVISION
The Planning Division works to help create and enhance a vibrant city by respecting the City’s diverse and distinct neighborhoods, promoting a prosperous economy, and providing a forum for community engagement.
The Division is committed to developing creative and practical solutions to help achieve a city that is sustainable and a great place to live, work, or play. The Division also helps to protect property rights and preserve both the environment and our valued history.
The Planning Division is responsible for:
- Developing long range plans to achieve creative and innovative solutions to challenges. Plans may be city-wide, like the General Plan Ingredients for Success, or apply to a smaller area like the Mission District Specific Plan or the Valley Boulevard Neighborhoods Sustainability Plan;
- Implementing the community vision expressed in the plans through development review, zoning compliance, and resource conservation initiatives;
- Helping applicants make property improvements, build new homes, or open new businesses;
- Facilitating public outreach and notification for large new development;
- Engaging the community in preparing plans and special studies;
- Preserving the community character through historic preservation; and
- Providing focus and coordination for San Gabriel Goes Green and other sustainability initiatives.